As many of you remember, back in November I cohosted a great giveaway event called Out and About where we focused on awesome items for getting out and about with your little ones. One of our sponsors was this wonderful shoe company, See Kai Run. See Kai Run is a company that was started by a mom looking for the perfect shoe for her son, Kai. She wanted something that was unique and fashionable, but also practical for busy, growing feet. Although they started out making only shoes for beginning walkers, moms and dads all over the place began clamoring for bigger sizes, and See Kai Run has answered their calls with a fabulous line of incredibly well-designed and affordable shoes, plus a new(er) line of organic socks and tights!
See Kai Run sent me a pair of the Boys Fox Brown Boots for Charlie to test out. Since we live on a farm, I had been searching and searching for the perfect boot for Charlie, but couldn't find anything that was sturdy, but also flexible for his still growing feet. Then, I found See Kai Run!
The Fox Boots by See Kai Run are the perfect combo of comfort and style. Made from a super soft leather and flexible rubber sole, they are just what my busy little farm boy needed (obviously - as I couldn't get him to hold still long enough to get any super-clear photos!!). I cannot recommend these shoes highly enough - the fact that they are so flexible is a dream come true for this mama.
They are also super easy to clean, making them great for farm use, but also for going out. Just a quick wipe down with a soapy rag makes them look brand new again - you'd never know Charlie was running around through the gardens and chasing chickens!
- I can't say enough how great it is that these shoes are so flexible for growing feet! And the fact that they are sturdy at the same time - genius!
- Stylish - these boots look great with just about any outfit.
- Easy to wear - the faux laces make them look like it took me a long time to get them on, but the elastic and velcro strap actually make putting shoes on a breeze.
- Easy to clean - as I mentioned, a quick wipe with a soapy rag brings these shoes right back to their brand-new look!
- Comfort - even though Charlie can't tell me yet that these are comfortable, they are the first shoes he grabs when we tell him it's time to go outside, so I think that's pretty clear! The shoes are nicely padded and have extra toe room, which is great for balance!
- Sizing - It's possible that I just got these right as Charlie was growing out a shoe size, but the 6 that I received didn't last him quite as long as his other size 6 shoes. Unfortunately for me, he grew out of these very fast, but at least I'll get to save them for the next baby! I would say that when ordering for yourself, it might be a good idea to order a 1/2 size bigger than your little one needs, especially with how fast they grow at this age. *Note - after ordering, I did find out that See Kai Run offers a handy sizing chart, where they do encourage ordering a .5-1cm size larger, so perhaps this would've saved me from having small shoes!
Want to learn more?